Saturday, September 5, 2009

Empire of Light

I had a magical, preternatural, psychedelic, transcendent, marvelous experience tonight. I will expand on this post soon; I just wanted to get something/s down concretely whilst the aftereffects are still lingering.
The moon rising can look like an overripe cantaloupe, cut in half and illuminated from within.
Aldous Huxley was, and remains, entirely right in his assertion that the Clear Light can, and does, suddenly and unexpectedly make itself known. And, when it does, Huxley was remarkably apt in describing the experience as one of "loving terror."
I finally fell inside of one of my favorite paintings, and I was fully awake and sober: I just knew it was possible: WIN!
Being inside the painting was even more exciting than I could've expected.
I finally got to the place beyond "goal-oriented" and time flows differently there, as well: good to know.
This entire summer I've been waiting for my "Great Gatsby" moment, and I finally got it! Standing under that pale streetlight, staring up through the interlaced branches into the heavens, I knew what it was to feel as though I could climb up and up and up, "suck on the pap of life" and break free of time absolutely and finally...

2 comments: